Thursday, June 12, 2014

One Thousand Bibles

One Thousand Bibles

No, we have not yet reached one thousand Bibles given, but we are close and have that goal in sight.  To date, May 15, 2014, we have given 916 Holman Military Bibles.

*********************************************************************************

When I began to write this segment, we had given 916 Bibles and then a generous and anonymous donor gave us enough funding to purchase 250 Bibles which brought our total to 1166, I purchased an additional four Bibles to bring the total to 1,170 and then I funded 30 more Bibles to reach 1,200.  Our regular monthly donor funded five Bibles so we were able to exceed our goal of 1,000 Bibles, exceed it by a good measure reaching 1,205 and our new goal is now 1,300 Bibles.  I hope to make two package purchases of 25 Bibles later to reach about 1,275 so we probably won't achieve our 1,300 goal until 2015.

My mission is to give Holman Military Branch Bibles to our military and veterans.  I pay for them from my earnings and Social Security income so I can buy them only when I have funds.  I give about 25 bibles a year.  They are the Marine's Bible, The Sailor's Bible, The Soldier's Bible, etc.  I began my project in 2005 and as of June, 2014, we have given 1,205 Bibles.

I used to have the language as my project but I felt mission was a more powerful word, and project seems to have a finite point to finish and I don't think I can ever finish, ever find a stopping point, so mission became a better word choice.

I write this, and several other blogs, but sometimes I just get behind and that's what happened here so I failed to write for some time.  And sometimes, other than numbers changing, there may not be that much to say.  But again, there are the stories I get, and those should be saved for a page just on that.  This one was just really about exceeding our goal of 1,000 Bibles given.

Stephen Joe "Red Boots" Payne
June 13, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment